Friday, July 11, 2008

Nasri Finally Confirmed By Arsenal.com!


Morning all. The transfer we have been waiting for all summer it seems like has finally gone through. Samir Nasri's signing has been confirmed by Arsenal.com. In usual Arsenal fashion, it's a long-term contract for an undisclosed fee. I love it. People speculate on fees all summer for this guy and when he finally signs Arsenal just says an "undisclosed fee." Arsene Wenger had a few things to say about the boy:

"We are delighted to be signing Samir Nasri. He is young, quick and technically an outstanding player. He has shown great potential with his performances for Marseille and the French national team over the past two seasons and he will add great quality to our squad."

Then Nasri spoke about joining Arsenal:

"I'm very happy to become an Arsenal player, it means such a lot to me. This is a very important step in my life as a football player because Arsenal is a massive club. I really hope everything will go well for me here. I will do my best for Arsenal and its fans and I am honoured to be part of such a great football club."

So it seems everyone is all very happy and I have to say that I am too. It was drawn out for ages but we all knew it was going through and now it has. There are pictures of Nasri in the new home kit as well if you click on the link above. He's on schedule to join up with the rest of the squad July 21st for training. He's taken the Number 8 shirt, so if anyone wants to go ahead and get me one as a free gift that would be awesome!

You can also read an interview with him here. It's good stuff.

In other news, Gilberto looks to be on the way out, having agreed personal terms with Panathinaikos. The transfer fee could be about 1-2 million pounds, but it hasn't been officially agreed yet.

Gilberto had this to say:

“I am very happy to come to Greece…Panathinaikos is a big club and if an agreement is reached with Arsenal I will be very happy to join you”

And Ken Friar said Arsenal will not stand in the way:

“If Gilberto agrees personal terms then we will not stand in his way. If this happens then it seems that we will agree a transfer fee with Panathinaikos"

So it looks like Gilberto will be moving on. He has been a great servant to this club and I will be sad to see him go. Thanks to Arsenal Analysis for keeping up with that story and sharing it with everyone. Assuming everything works out with the transfer, I just want to say good luck to Gilberto.

The Sun says a Columbian named Falcao is one of Arsenal's top targets. I've never heard of him honestly which probably means that we'll sign him. Although with Eduardo last year not a single paper ever linked us with him until we finally signed him. Strange how these things happen isn't it?

There really isn't much else. I'm putting a Nasri video on here that you can all watch to whet your appetite to see him play in the preseason. Should be good stuff. Cheers all!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Will be sad to see Gilberto go but, if he does leave I think it will be the right time, Diaby will get his chance in midfield next year and I hope it works well.
Great news about Nasri too!